On a Royal Enfield you will discover mystic roads of this wonderful areas. The best known place are on the programm of this tour, from the Vice Regal Lodge to the home of His Holiness The Dalai Lama, without forgetting numerous temples and monasteries. You will also discover the way of life of the locals with many market and streets with many shops to buy souvenirs.
This trip was designed for people who are used to travelling by motorbike and who can adjust themselves to different conditions. Please remember that India still remains an adventure destination regardless of how the holiday has been organised.
Your day by day program
Meet on arrival at Delhi airport and transfer to hotel. On arrival check in and overnight at hotel.
Morning transfer to railway station to connect Shatabadi express for Chandigarh (dep 0740 hrs/ arr 1100 hrs). Meet on arrival at Chandigarh station and transfer to hotel. Afternoon we proceed for a short city tour of Chandigarh which was designed by the French Architect La Corbusier. Overnight at hotel.
Morning intime transfer to Kalka station to connect toy train to Shimla (dep 1210 hrs/ arr 1720 hrs). Kalka Shimla railway was opened in 1903 and is a World Heritage Site now. Meet on arrival and transfer to hotel for an overnight stay.
(30 kms/ 45 minutes)
Morning a sight seeing tour including a visit to the Vice Regal Lodge and Jakho Temple. Afternoon we spend walking around on The Mall & The Ridge and taking possession of our Royal Enfield bikes and the enthusiastic ones can drive around the town. Overnight at hotel
After breakfast drive on our Royal Enfield to Mandi crossing through Naldehra, Tatapani, Chindi to reach Mandi. On arrival in Mandi we check in at hotel. Evening we walk around the colorful market and also visit some old temples on the banks of river Beas. Overnight at hotel.
(191 kms/ 6 - 7 hrs)
After breakfast drive on your Royal Enfield bike from Mandi to Taragarh via visiting Bir & Sherbaling Monasteries and also visit beautiful old Vaidyanath temple at Baijnath. On arrival check in at hotel. Evening you have an option to walk or ride to Tashijong monastery visiting the Gompa and the village. Overnight at hotel.
(90 kms/ 4-5 hrs)
After breakfast at hotel ride to Mc Leodganj which is also known as The Little Lhasa and is home to His Holiness The Dalai Lama. Mc Leodganj has colorful lines of small shops selling steaming hot momos, Tibetan artifacts and numerous other things. On arrival check in at hotel. Evening is spend at leisure walking around the market. Overnight at hotel.
(50 kms/ 2-3 hrs)
While in Mcleodganj the day is free at leisure or to ride around visiting The Dalai Lama temple, Bhagsunag temple and St John’s Church or may be visit Norbulingka Institute and a few villages around. Overnight at hotel.
Ride through the glorious past of Kangra valley covering Kangra town, Brajeshwari Devi temple
(optional), Raja Sansar Chand Museum, Kangra Fort and Masrur rock cut temples. Ride across the
countryside to the heritage village of Pragpur. On arrival check in at hotel. Evening free for exploring & walking around the heritage village of Pragpur. Overnight at hotel.
(75 kms/ 3-4 hrs)
After breakfast ride to the fertile plains of Punjab to the Holy city of Amritsar. On arrival check in at hotel. Evening we visit the Golden temple to view the Palaki Sahib Ceremony. We bid farewell to our companions The Royal Enfields, carrying fond memories & promise to meet again. Overnight at the hotel.
(186 kms/ 6-7 hrs)
Early morning we are transferred to the railway station to connect a train back to Delhi (dep 0500/ arr 1115). Meet on arrival and transfer to hotel for wash n change only for 3 hours enroute driving past India Gate and Presidents House. Later at around 1530 hrs we pick you up from hotel and some free time to shop last minute souvenirs. We all enjoy farewell dinner at a local restaurant and later transfer to international airport to connect flight back home.
Departures for groups formed on request
- Delhi International Airport
- Delhi International Airport
- Accommodation in hotels in twin bedrooms.
- 4 drivers and 4 motorbikes minimum.
- Distances: up to 190km a day. Average distance: 120km a day. You will need to be in good physical condition due to high altitude (+5000m). A 4x4 vehicle will follow the group during the entire duration of the rides in order to transport the group's luggages and to help motorbikers in difficulty. This vehicle cannot take any passengers. A Europe Active guide will ride with the group.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle.
- Rent of an Enfield 500CC motorbike : 600€
- Single supplement : 539€
- Visit of Taj Mahal since Delhi (3 days more, before or after the tour) : transport Delhi-Agra on day 1 , night in a 4* hotel in Agra, visit of the Taj Mahal (closed on friday) and of Agra's Castle on day 2, night in a 4* hotel in Agra and return to Delhi on day 3. Include an english speaking guide , transfers , local taxes and site entrance. Between 2 and 4 people. Price per person. : 259€
- Nights in hotels, breakfasts, train transfers, local assistance during the entire duration of the trip, airport transfers, support vehicle and driver, an Indian guide in the assisting vehicle, a Europe Active guide on a motorbike, a mecanic, entrances fees to sites of interest.
- Transfers which are not included in the tour, airfare to and from Delhi, insurance, beverages, motorbike rental, fines and speed tickets, repair costs for the motorbike, meals which are not included in the tour, visits of tourist sites which are not included in the tour, photo and film permit in certain sites.