This holiday has been thoughtfully put together for those riders who are keen to see Corsica, but without having to transport their bags to new hotels every day. Based in two comfortable 3 *** hotels with swimming pools (one in the North and one in the South of the island), you will have time to enjoy your surroundings, as well as benefit from the day rides we have put together for you. The holiday skilfully combines rides that take in both the sea and the mountains to give you the best of everything that Corsica has to offer.
Trip available with our digital road-book.
Your day by day program
For this day, according to your schedule of arrival, settle into your hotel next to the sea. Enjoy spending time at the hotel or looking around the picturesque port.
Night in Saint-Florent in 3 *** hotel with swimming pool.
You will ride to the Bastia area in order to take the road along the east coast of the Cape of Corsica. This is a lovely day’s ride, taking you through fantastic little ports including those at Erbalunga and Centuri (famous for lobster). The road gently undulates along the coast, with views out across the Mediterranean and towards the Italian islands of Capraia and Elba. Having driven up the east coast, and along the top, the road returns down the magnificent west coast, with incredible views of the mountains plunging into the sea. Pass through the cliff-top perched village of Nonza and the capital of Corsican winemaking, Patrimonio, before heading back to your hotel.
For this day, we propose a day’s ride to discover the Balagne. You will cross the ‘Desert des Agriates’ to join some minor roads that are our secret. Driving through the heart of the Balagne, you will join the routes des Artisans, before dropping back down to the coast at Calvi. Spend time discovering the lively port of Calvi with its ancient citadel, before returning to St. Florent via Nebbio.
Variable and adaptable distances this day, between 120 and 200km.
Return to your hotel in Saint-Florent.
For this day of transition, you will drive through the ancient capital of the island, Corte. It would be criminal not to pause here for lunch (we have some good recommendations for you too). After Corte, take the mountain road, winding up and over col after col before reaching the area of Alta Rocca and its villages perched high up on the hillsides. Installation in your hotel 3 *** with swimming pool. The view will take your breath away!
This is a splendid day, where you get to discover what the South of the island has to offer. The “most beautiful” beach of the island, Palombaggia, the superb cliffs of Bonifacio, the Golf of Spérone, and the Lavezzi islands… Taking a boat trip here is highly recommended in order to visit the natural caves and to really enjoy the beauty of the area. A visit to the Lavezzi islands is also an unforgettable moment. Do not forget your bathing suit!
Return to the hotel.
If you think there can’t possibly be any more surprises in store for you in Corsica, then you are wrong! Returning to the interior, you will get to explore the superb stone villages of the Alta Rocca. The lake of Ospédale and its forest will not leave you indifferent. However, the real highlight of the day is the famous Needles of Bavella (a walk in this area is possible). On the return, it is well worth taking the time to bathe in the natural swimming pools at Solenzara.
Return to the hotel.
Approximately 169km, with a possibility to shorten.
According to your time of departure, you will be able to choose a direct route or to benefit from a final day of adventure and discovery. If you have the time, take the minor roads through the Castagniccia, one of the most wild and authentic areas of Corsica. The ride will take you back through the Nebbio before taking you back to your final destination, the port of Bastia. End of stay.
Depart every day from April to the end of October.
- Bastia. We can also organize ferry crossings or airport pick-up services from Bastia airport directly to our hire shop. For more details or if you would like a fly-drive option, please contact us either by email or telephone.
- Bastia. If you are hiring a bike, we can organise a transfer from our hire shop directly to the airport.
- In 3 star hotels with swimming pool - double or twin room
- From two persons
- Up to 210kms a day.
- Supplement per person for July and August departures : 100€
- Supplement for a single room : 330€
- Supplement for a single romm for July and August departures : 510€
- Rental motorbike (Tariff T1) : 352€
- Rental motorbike (Tariff T2) : 561€
- Rental motorbike (Tariff T3) : 665€
- Rental motorbike (Tariff T4) : 1045€
- Tripy 2 GPS rental for 7 days : 75€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Corsican Biker t-shirt (size and colour to be confirmed later) : 15€
- All nights in hotels *** in rooms for two persons
- Bed and breakfast
- Route notes and maps.
- Transport options to and from the island (contact us if you want advice)
- Transfers not included in the programme
- Meals (except breakfast)
- Personal travel insurance
- Motorbike hire, any repairs, fines
- Visits of sites
- Optional activities
- Personal expenses
The West and East Coast of Corsica by motorbike – nights in two 3 star hotels
Corsica - With a road-book - 7 days / 6 nights