With this fantastic itinerary, drive your rented Vespa through five stunningly beautiful areas. Starting from the Apennine Mountains, the most important chain of mountains in Italy, this trip will take you to the plains and great historical towns and cities of this region, including Pistoia, Florence and Pisa.
So, embark on this wonderful scooter adventure to experience the real Dolce Vita!
Your day by day program
Get yourself kitted out with your Vespa, and with the simple twist of a throttle, start your great Italian adventure! Ride north of Lucca and climb up beautiful little mountain roads. Once you reach the Plateau of Pizzome, you will get spectacular views over Lucca and its surroundings. Descend in the valley and enjoy the roads’ twists and turns. You will then climb up to the village of Bagni di Lucca.
Distance: approximately 60km.
Night in a 3 star hotel in a village of the Garfargnana.
For this second day, you will cycle east onto a quiet little road, following the Lima Canyon. Ride at a leisurely pace through the surrounding Tuscan countryside, before climbing 963m, which will be the highest point of your day. Enjoy the 20km descent towards Pistoia, which is a well-preserved and charming medieval city.
Night in a 2 star hotel in the centre of Pistoia.
What trip to Tuscany would be complete without visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Florence? Making your way from Pistoia, you will follow the mountains to Florence on a flat and easy route, giving you time to enjoy the city.
You will have the possibility to choose between a short itinerary, which will give you enough time to visit Florence, or a long itinerary with spectacular views and landscapes.
Distance: approximately 40km (short version) or 65km (long version).
Night in a 2 star hotel in the centre of Florence.
Option 1: Pedalling in a westerly direction, you will be able to enjoy a nice flat ride before you start your 4km climb. You will then reach ‘Montelupo Fiorentino’, follow hillside roads for 15km and finish with a small 2km climb.
Option 2: Leaving the urban beauty of Florence, your trusty wheels will guide you into rural surroundings, where vineyards and olive groves dominate the landscape. Pedal your way up the next 7km to reach 420m before enjoying your beautiful descent to Vinci. Continue onto the house of the master himself, Leonardo da Vinci. This superb ride ends on a quiet road surrounded by vineyards.
Night in a 3 star hotel near Empoli.
Head off to Pisa! This is another must-see while in Tuscany. Let your scooter guide you through little countryside roads before reaching the famous Monte Serra.
You will have the choice between two different itineraries: a short ride, which will take you directly to Pisa or a long one, which will lead you to climb the glorious heights of the Monte Serra.
Distance: 45km or 60km depending on which option you choose.
Night in a 3 star hotel in Pisa.
For your last scooter day, you will have the possibility to choose a short 25km ride so that you have time to enjoy Pisa and Lucca a bit more or to ride to the Monte Pisano and the Monte Serra for 45km and enjoy the magnificent panoramic views over the rest of Tuscany.
Arrival in Lucca. Discover this enchanting fortified town. For your last evening, we also advise you to enjoy one of the best Lucchesian restaurants. A guaranteed success!
Night in a 2 star hotel in the centre of Lucca.
Your trip ends here, after breakfast.
All year round.
- Lucca. If you would like to start your scooter tour from Pisa, please don't hesitate to contact us by email or telephone.
- Day 7, after breakfast in Lucca. If you would like to end your scooter tour in Pisa, please don't hesitate to contact us by email or telephone.
- Nights in 2 and 3 star hotels (double or twin bedrooms).
- From 2.
- You will carry your luggage on your scooter. Our advice: travel light!
- Supplement for nights in 3 and 4 star hotels (price per person) : 150€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Vespa rental (125cc), helmets, nights in 2 or 3 star hotels (double or twin bedrooms), breakfasts, information package with maps and road-books.
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, transfers which are not included in the tour, personal travel insurance, beverages, meals, visits of tourist sites, optional activities which are not included in the tour, personal expenses.